Scheduling with our approved vendors
Thank you for working with interpreters to serve members who communicate in a language other than English. Our approved vendors are listed below. Click on a vendor to learn more about their services, access scheduling resources, and find contact information.
Available for on-site, video and telephonic
Online scheduling portal: irco.org/ilb Click create new appointment
Phone: On-site: 503-234-0068
For over-the-phone interpretation AND virtual (OPI and VRI): 503-505-5187 (Available 24/7)
Translation: Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Language resources for providers
Our goal is to help you and members get the interpreting services that meet your needs. Your facility may find these resources to be useful.
- “How to schedule no-cost interpreting.” This one-pager summarizes our interpreting service options and how to schedule our vendors. The backside offers tips for a successful multi-language encounter.
- Vendor comparison handout. This document compares the features of our interpreting vendors, so you can choose what works best for your needs.
- “Do you need an interpreter?” This sheet repeats the statement “I need an interpreter” in more than a dozen languages. Patients simply point to their language.
- A multilingual Language Access poster. This is another language identification tool, available in two sizes: 11x17 | and 12x23 (sandwich board size) to display in your clinic. Patients can point to their language. It also tells them they have a right to free interpreting services, and to file a complaint if they are not satisfied. You can co-brand these with your logo.
- Wallet-sized “I speak” cards. You can print these to give to patients, enabling them to easily request interpretation services. The cards are available in about 25 languages and include a version for those who are deaf, deaf-blind or hard of hearing.
- Printing instructions. We give printing instructions and offer how to’s for using the materials: How to’s and printing instructions
- Provider portal. You can also request printed materials through our Provider Portal.
- Interpreting FAQs for providers. Download an FAQ with details on our interpreting services and tips for a successful session
Our expectations for interpreting services
All contracted Jackson Care Connect providers must make interpreting services available to Jackson Care Connect members. Services must be available during and after hours for consultation and provision of care. While interpreting services can be scheduled with short notice, to ensure coverage, please schedule as soon as a member makes an appointment.
Interpreting services should be performed by certified and qualified interpreters. The interpreters may be on-staff or scheduled through a Jackson Care Connect -approved vendor. They may operate on-site, over the phone or via computer screen. Interpreting should not be provided by a member of the patient's family. Members should never be asked to bring their own interpreter.
Occurrences for which Jackson Care Connect covers interpreting services
- Onsite medical, dental or behavioral health appointments
- Scheduling or rescheduling appointments
- Appointment reminders
- Appointment follow-ups
- Relaying test results
- Registration for procedures/admissions
Use only our approved vendors
Jackson Care Connect pays for interpreting services so that members can access their covered health care services and benefits. We have contractual arrangements with approved vendors. Please use them when serving Jackson Care Connect members. (Be sure to verify that your patient is covered by the Oregon Health Plan.) See “How to schedule no-cost interpreting.”
If providers choose to coordinate interpreting services themselves rather than through Jackson Care Connect, they are responsible for paying for those services. Jackson Care Connect pays only for interpreting services that providers coordinate through our approved vendors.