Community Advisory Council (CAC)
Are you interested in making a difference in your own health care?
Are you, or a member of your family, enrolled in the Oregon Health Plan (OHP)?
We welcome you to join our conversation! The Community Advisory Council (CAC) helps Jackson Care Connect by sharing ideas and suggestions with the Board of Directors. The council often acts as the eyes and ears of the community. The CAC gives input on member needs for their health care. We value a diverse group of voices from our community.
The Community Advisory Council will help Jackson Care Connect:
- Meet the health care needs of OHP members and the community
- Help identify ways for people to overcome barriers to healthy living
- Provide grants for community programs
- Be involved in the Community Health Assessment (CHA), which gathers information about the community’s health
- Give feedback on the Community Health Improvement Plan, which uses the CHA to make plans to improve the health of our community
- Help Jackson Care Connect clearly communicate with OHP members and others
We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about the CAC, please contact Nancy McKinnis at email@example.com or 503-416-1475.
Come to a CAC Meeting
Our CAC meets on the second Monday of each month. We meet from 12-2 pm at the Starting Strong store, 702 W. Main Street, Medford. We provide lunch and child care. Transportation available if needed.
During each meeting we have time for public comment, with a five-minute limit per speaker. Contact Nancy McKinnis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAC introduction video
Spanish language CAC introduction video