As of May 1, 2014, Jackson Care Connect (JCC) began covering the cost of circumcision for your baby boy, if done within 60 days of birth. Circumcision is cutting off the foreskin of the penis.
This is a new benefit offered by Jackson Care Connect. We are providing this for our members because many of you asked for it. Jackson Care Connect knows that circumcision is an important part of many members’ culture. Our goal is to support the growth of strong families. The procedure is not required by law, and many parents choose not to have their boys circumcised. If you want it done, there are some things you should know.
- Your baby does not need to be circumcised while he is still in the hospital. It can be done later at a doctor’s office or clinic.
- Most providers will only do circumcisions up to two or three weeks of age, and not later. Ask what your provider’s circumcision policy is. You should contact the provider’s office to schedule the circumcision right after your boy is discharged from the hospital.
- JCC will cover circumcision only if it occurs within 60 days of birth. We will make an exception for children who need to remain in the hospital for more than 60 days after birth.
- If your baby was circumcised before May 1, JCC will not cover the cost of that procedure.
- Babies to be circumcised by a doctor outside of Jackson County, or by a doctor who is not part of the Jackson Care Connect provider network, may still be covered for the procedure. You should call Jackson Care Connect customer service before the procedure is done to check on your coverage. (Please see phone numbers below.)
For any question about your care, please contact Jackson Care Connect customer service: Telephone
: 1‐855‐722‐8208 TTY
: 1-800-735-2900 Office hours
: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday